Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mission briefing

Hello my name is Okama Sangeiu I am from Cameroon I am 22 and I am working for a university in Egypt about space but my real dream is to be an astronaut. Everyday I hope for a phone call from my father because he lives in America and he is very high up in NASA and every big project he calls me but every time they choose someone else. Every time I think about it to myself it is a very unrealistic dream but as my father said keep following your dream you can do it if you believe in yourself.

When I woke up in the morning I heard the phone ring and it was my dad and he said that there was a big project. The project is that we have to go to the moon to find life for NASA for two days and he put me forward and I got accepted and I am going to America this afternoon I can not believe it but I am not sure if I am the only one going to the moon. I arrived at the airport and my dad was there waiting for me. He took me to his house and then we went straight to NASA'S headquarters. When we were there I was as happy as a lark I could not believe it. When we were at the front desk my dad had to say a code name the code name was mission swordfish.


When I arrived in the room in the afternoon I saw other people they were all white me and my father felt black.But me and my father still had hope. There was 4 other people and only 2 could be selected they told us what training we had to do and the mission the mission was that we had to go to the moon and see if there were any water up there and if we could drink it. If I was going to the moon I have researched I am going to be the first African in to space and also the first black person in to space. I began my training today they showed us the space shuttle and asked if we could fly it and we tried and as soon as I go out I would want to go back in . After that they would not tell us but after a few hours they called me up and said I was going to the moon you are leaving tomorrow. I could not believe it felt like Christmas came early for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment