Monday, June 21, 2010

Day of launch


When I woke up this morning I realized that I was going to the moon I could not believe it still I thought it was all a dream. I then again realized that I was at my dad's house I still thought I was in Cameroon. When I had breakfast we left as soon as possible on the way to NASA I read a magazine about rockets on the way there and this one the V2 rocket interested me the most with its history and size also because it was in world war 2 when my dad said we are here.I could not believe it. It felt so quickly because I was so in the magazine. When we entered the headquarters I left my dad so he could work and when I went to the reception I said the code name swordfish and the lady behind the desk called someone up and immediately after she called someone up there was a man by the desk and led me away to a secret place when we got there it was a massive room I thought it would be smaller.



When I went into the room there was a guy as long as the Eiffel tower I asked who are you and he said he is the one going to space with me I could not believe it he was literally a giant like a blue character from the movie Avatar. Then this person approached me and said '' Please follow me to get your spacesuit'' I followed him and then saw the same guy that I saw earlier so to have enough courage I asked him what his name was and he answered 'John Herway' pleasure to meet you. John was honestly the tallest man I have ever seen in my entire life he was so big. I was actually pretty amazed by the spacesuit because it had so many gadgets like an material that protects from sun rays and also a urine container and also the most important thing of all oxygen a big load of it you cannot go without oxygen when going into space the thing I am more looking forward to is the zero gravity I cannot wait for that I am so excited.



After I got my spacesuit me and John when in an cart and up the elevator to launch pad 39A. When we looked down we were so high up we could see news reporters and on lookers to see the launch of the space shuttle called Explorer and when John went in to the space shuttle he could only just fit because he was so tall. When we went in to it the first thing we could see was the buttons so many buttons and before we lift off they gave us food in small bags and then after that we looked at the shower and toilet then we got settled in our seats and I said to John " Are you ready for this" and he answered " You bet I am I have waited all my life for this and I cannot wait for this moment this historic moment". We heard a voice coming from the speaker and he said lift off in 5 minutes I still cannot believe it that I am soon going to space. then a voice come off the speaker and it said " lift off in 1 minute". Me and John looked at each other and smiled and said " This must be a dream this cannot be true" then we pinched each other then another voice came from the speaker and said" Lift off in 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 we have lift off ". When the rocket lifted off the ground I could feel the force of the rocket lifting off into space and the 10 seconds to lift off were the longest 10 seconds of my life. When we lifted off I looked to John and his smile was as big as a banana he looked very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment