Thursday, July 1, 2010

Return to Earth

John and me were so sad to be leaving space but we thought that we actually made some scientific space discovery. We went into the cart and drove to the shuttle John and me drove away with so much confidence that we actually found something. Because not all astronauts find something but we did. When we got into the shuttle I said to John " Do you know were that rock is the one we found" "Yes it is by the controls" John said. When I got a hold of it looked like that there was something in there but we just do not know what. When John got out of the toilet(of course we do not have our spacesuits on) I asked him "Shall we get ready to go" " No but I know we have to I wish I could come here another time especially with you" John said. I was thinking the exact same thing. After we talked we were ready to lift off it was a really sad moment for me but I think it was worth everything to me I would do anything to go to space and I just did I was so proud of myself and I also think John feels the same thing.


" Are you ready to go" I said " No but I know I have too " John said. We gave ourselves a mini countdown 5,4,3,2,1 we have lift off we both said together. As soon as we lifted off it did not feel that we were going very fast but in actually fact we were going speeds so fast like as fast as 1000 Usain Bolts all together it was that fast. When we lifted off I could see the Earth and I could see that there was going to be an hurricane in America but luckily not in California.


Whilst the space shuttle was in auto pilot John and me both took pictures of space to show to our family and our friends. On the way back to Earth I could also see the ISS(International Space Station) although some parts have to still be attached it looks quite big hopefully next time I go into space I could go there it seems to be very interesting. When I was in the shuttle I needed to go to the shower because I thought I stunk. I know what you are thinking shower in space this I step into a cylindrical shower stall and close the door. Then I get soap and wash myself just like on Earth. After the shower I could saw loads of satellites and again I saw my friend Rover still in space. I wondered where John was the whole time turns out he did not feel to well so he slept and I was just looking outside to the view of the Earth. It was nearly time for landing so I asked John if he was feeling better he was(thankfully). They told us 20 minutes to landing so we and John got ahead of the controls and we steered towards California.


Prepare for landing in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 we have landing when we landed they had some wheelchairs for us because in space your bone gets softer so John and me went in wheel chairs down the launch pad and as soon I went to the bottom of the launch pad there were so many reporters and could hardy see anything there was one question they wanted to ask me that was How do you feel being the first African and black person to go to space? I could not answerer the question because I was distracted by something I could just make out my father was standing behind the reporters he smiled and I smiled back those are the moments in life that I cherish the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment